Re: Cannot start Postgresql 9.3 as a service in Windows 2012 Server with a domain account - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Cannot start Postgresql 9.3 as a service in Windows 2012 Server with a domain account
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/06/2014 17:05, boca2608 wrote:
> First, we have tried many suggestions found in this and other sites. But
> the problem has not been solved.
>
> When trying to start postgresql as a service with a domain account on a
> windows 2012 server, the service starts and stops immediately. The
> Windows event log showed a terse error about timeout (even though it did
> not really take more than a couple of seconds for it to fail). By the

PostgreSQL's own logs should have some more detail - the event log entry
is indeed terse, PG writes all the interesting stuff to its own log.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie