Re: Problem with locales on Linux with 9.3.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Problem with locales on Linux with 9.3.4
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/07/2014 08:17 AM, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> localedef --no-archive, requires additional argument, and then it waits
> on something. I'm definitely not an locale expert, so I have no idea
> what it does. There is "locale-gen" option "--no-archive", too, but when
> I run "locale-gen --no-archive", I just get:
>
> # locale-gen --no-archive
> Generating locales...
>    cs_CZ.UTF-8... up-to-date
>    de_DE.UTF-8... up-to-date
>    en_GB.ISO-8859-1... up-to-date
>    en_GB.ISO-8859-15... up-to-date
>    en_GB.UTF-8... up-to-date
>    en_US.UTF-8... up-to-date
>    pl_PL.UTF-8... up-to-date
>    sk_SK.UTF-8... up-to-date
> Generation complete.
>
> And nothing changes.

 From here:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/precise/en/man8/locale-gen.8.html

  If  a  list of languages and/or locales is specified as arguments, then
        locale-gen only generates these particular locales  and  adds
the  new
        ones to /var/lib/locales/supported.d/local.  Otherwise it
generates all
        supported locales.

So this is the first step.

The second is to do: