Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 + CentOS 6.5 64 bit - segfault error in initdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 + CentOS 6.5 64 bit - segfault error in initdb
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/06/2014 12:29 AM, Bhushan Pathak wrote:
> My locale is set to en_US.UTF-8, that's what the service script is using.
>
>   If I try to start the server with pg_ctl command, it does start -
> ./pg_ctl start -D /var/lib/pgsql/data -l /tmp/logfile
> server starting
>
> What would this mean? The service script does not work but manually
> issuing pg_ctl commands work.

The service script is not correct?

Could you post the contents of the script?

Do you have another instance of Postgres installed by any chance?

Have you had another instance/version installed in the past, something
that might have left parts of itself around?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com