Replication failover on windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CS_DBA
Subject Replication failover on windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all;

we have a client running PostgreSQL on windows, and they want to run
streaming replication with some sort of failover.

We have streaming replication in place, we thought we could use
pgbouncer and in the case of the master being down our heartbeat script
would reload the pgbouncer configs however pgbouncer on windows seems to
never time out connections even when we set it to timeout. So this
solution is probably a no go.

We are currently looking at IP aliases but it's windows so I have little
confidence that it will be simple or stable.

Has anyone else deployed a heartbeat/failover solution on windows
platforms? Any suggestions per an approach that would be seamless to the
applications?

Thanks in advance