Re: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mimiko
Subject Re: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object
Date
List pgsql-general
On 29.05.2014 17:10, Tom Lane wrote:
> As the message says, that means you need to have used -fPIC when
> building them (though -fpic might work as well depending on platform).

Thank you for answering.

Searching on net I couldn't understand what to compile with -fPIC. So
those libraries must be compiled with -fPIC. For libxml2 and libxslt I
use --with-pic. Is this sufficient? zlib and openssl does not have such
option. Then which of CFLAGS or CPPFLAGS should I set with -fPIC for them?

You are saying that postgresql will always generate shared libraries? If
I use -fPIC to compile other libraries, will postresql's compile will
include those libraries in its lib directory? ie, making postgresql
self-contained with this libraries?

--
Mimiko desu.