Re: NFS, file system cache and shared_buffers - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: NFS, file system cache and shared_buffers
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 05/27/2014 10:00 AM, Albe Laurenz wrote:

> I know that Oracle recommends it - they even built an NFS client
> into their database server to make the most of it.

That's odd. Every time the subject of NFS comes up, it's almost
immediately shot down with explicit advice to Never Do That(tm). It can
be kinda safe-ish if mounted in sync mode with caching disabled, but I'd
never use it on any of our systems.

We also have this in the Wiki:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Shared_Storage

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse, LLC | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604