Re: \copy needs work (was Re: Changing Column Order) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: \copy needs work (was Re: Changing Column Order)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Do we want to look at this as a bug (okay to fix for 7.3) or a new
>> feature (wait for 7.4)?

> I don't think we can say \copy missing columns is a bug;  we never had
> it in previous release.  Seems like a missing feature.  The COPY schema
> names seems valid.

Well, we never had schema names in previous releases either.  So I'm not
sure that I see a bright line between these items.  The real issue is
that psql's \copy has failed to track the capabilities of backend COPY.
I think we should just fix it.