Re: 8.4 -> 9.1 : ANALYSE VERBOSE; -> out of shared memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Souquieres Adam
Subject Re: 8.4 -> 9.1 : ANALYSE VERBOSE; -> out of shared memory
Date
Re: 8.4 -> 9.1 : ANALYSE VERBOSE; -> out of shared memory
List pgsql-general
Hi,

thanks you both for your quick answers,

Le 12/05/2014 15:29, Tom Lane a écrit :
> Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Souquieres Adam
>> <adam.souquieres@axege.com> wrote:
>>> when we play : ANALYSE VERBOSE; ( stat on all databases, with 500 tables and
>>> 1to DATA in all tables)
>>> we now have this message :
>>> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: out of shared memory Indice : You
>>> might need to increase max_locks_per_transaction.
>>> max_connections = 150
>>> max_locks_per_transaction = 128 # was at default val ( 64?), we already try
>>> to increase it without sucess
>> How high did you increase it?  It's not uncommon to have to raise that
>> parameter significantly if you have a lot of tables.  Try 2048.
We change the parameter from default value 64 to 128

> It's unsurprising for analyze across 500 tables to require 500 locks.
> However, with those settings you should already have 150*128 = 19200
> slots in the shared lock table, so there's no way that the analyze
> is eating them all.  What else is going on in the system?  How many
> entries do you see in pg_locks while this is happening?
>
>             regards, tom lane

ANALYSE VERBOSE; should use only one transaction or one transaction per
table it analyse ?

anyway, i try too list pg_locks table during this issue and i'll post
you the result.

Adam