Re: Receiving many more rows than expected - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Receiving many more rows than expected
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/09/2014 08:36 AM, David G Johnston wrote:
> Vincent de Phily wrote
>
>> vincent.dephily@

>>> ASC

>> Thanks to all for taking an interest so far, this bug is... weird.
>
> This seems to likely be the same, still open, bug reported previously:
>
> No Number Assigned:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANCipfpfzoYnOz5jj=UZ70_R=CwDHv36dqWSpwsi27vpm1z5sA@mail.gmail.com

I ran Olivers pgbug.py against 9.0.17 and 9.3.4 and can confirm that I
see the same error. When I turned off autovacuum  on 9.3 I did not see
the error which also confirms Olivers observation. Then I rewrote the
program as a plpythonu function and ran it in the 9.0.17 instance. It
ran successfully. It would seem this is either a psycopg2 issue or a
client/server connection problem. Still trying to figure where to go
from here.