Re: Monitoring Pg servers with Microsoft SCOM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Monitoring Pg servers with Microsoft SCOM
Date
List pgsql-general
On 5/4/2014 4:17 PM, Glen Eustace wrote:
> I am in the process of deploying Microsoft System Centre Operations
> Manager and was hoping that somebody had either developed or knew of
> where I could get hold of a management pack for PostgreSQL.
>
> I am not sure whether there is an instrumentation interface into the
> DB so haven't yet looked at rolling our own.

if you have perl (strawberryperl ?) on the postgres server, you could
use the checkpostgresql.pl script meant for Nagios from the Bucardo
folks, it will allow you to poll for 100s of status and performance
metrics, even things like table bloat.