Re: Timeouts after upgrade from 9.0 to 9.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Timeouts after upgrade from 9.0 to 9.3
Date
List pgsql-general
On 05/02/2014 10:46 AM, gvim wrote:
> I've just upgraded a server from 9.0 to 9.3 using the pgupgrade.sh
> script and setup the same config but now,  when I connect with the
> latest pgAdmin III I get a timeout after leaving the connection open for
> a few minutes. Where can I diagnose this fault?

A lot of information missing, so flying sort of blind here. To help fill
in the blanks:

1) What OS/distribution are you running?

2) I am not familiar with pgupgrade.sh. What does it do?

3) You say latest PgAdmin3, does that mean you upgraded it at the same
time and if so to what version?

As to how to troubleshoot:

1) Look in the Postgres log and see if there is anything informative. If
you have not already, in postgresql.conf enable connection/disconnection
logging.

2) Are connecting locally or remotely?

--
Adrian Klaver