Re: Transcoding problem with wine and unixodbc - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Transcoding problem with wine and unixodbc
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 04/25/2014 04:48 AM, Pierre Couderc wrote:
> I am still trying to excute a MFC application (working with psqlodbc
> under WinXP) under wine, unix psqlodbc, and unixodbc.
>
> My application is in ANSI, but the DB is in Unicode, so under Windows, I
> use Postgrsql Unicode driver (which transcodes..?) without any  problem.
> Under wine, I have tried the 2 drivers (psqlodbcw.so and psqlodbca.so)
> and with the same incorrect result.

Hmm. I would have expected different results.

Are you sure your program actually picked up the change in drivers?

> For exemple <è> becomes <Ã"> (in 2 characters).

Can you get a psql connection to the database?

And if so what does it show?

Also what exactly is the encoding your client is using?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com