Re: Whose is padding the fields? - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Whose is padding the fields?
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 04/24/2014 12:28 PM, Fred Parkinson wrote:
> Using the ODBC driver PostgreSQL ANSI  ver. 8.02.04.00
> I am using MS Access 2003 sp3 with forms bound to the postgres tables.
> Never had any problems, but this is the first time I have used this ODBC
> driver version.

FYI, the driver is now up to version 9.03.210.

So just to be clear, the exact same Access forms worked with an
older/newer version of psqlodbc?

> When I open the table in datasheet view I find that all of the fields
> are padded out to the field size with blank spaces.  Characters can't be
> added to the data without deleting some of the blank spaces, so this is
> really annoying.  If I delete blank spaces, move to another record, then
> move back, the blank padding is there again.
> The dba says that neither his web app nor psql see blank padding.
> Any idea where this is coming from, or better, how to stop this?

At this point not sure as more information is needed.

What are the data type settings for the table fields in question?

What are your ODBC settings?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com