Re: Request for Unsubscribe - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Request for Unsubscribe
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/24/2014 07:34 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Amit Langote wrote:
>> On Thursday, April 24, 2014, Bhim Kumar <bhimkumar33@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi sir,
>>>
>>> I am getting a lot of mails which are tough to handle.
>>>
>>> Please unsubscribe my mail id, so that I would not get unwanted mail.
>>
>> Use the subscribe/unsubscribe form here.
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/subscribe/
>
> I already removed him, which is normally what I do (silently) when
> seeing these requests.  There is no need to reply on-list most of the
> time.  (This fails, of course, if I don't see the email for whatever
> reason.  I guess if you wanted to be helpful you could forward the
> request to majordomo-owner@postgresql.org, but I doubt it would be
> pleasant to receive a dozen such forwards from different people for the
> same request.)

Well the reason I reply to these requests with the above link is as a
reminder that the link exists at the bottom of each list email.
Hopefully not only help that person, but others in the same situation.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com