Re: import .sql file into PostgreSQL database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: import .sql file into PostgreSQL database
Date
List pgsql-general
On 09/04/2014 03:42, Gaurav Jindal wrote:
> Inline image 1
>

> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM, <gaurjin@gmail.com
> <mailto:gaurjin@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     > - Your OS
>     Windows 7
>     > - What version of PostgreSQL you have
>     9.3.4
>     > - What is in the SQL file you're trying to execute.
>     Tables and their description
>     > - The EXACT error message that you're getting.
>     Permission denied when I run
>     \i dump.sql in psql

Please keep your replies on-list.

I think that message is coming from the OS; messages from Postgres are
usual more specific, for example, "Permission denied for relation....".

It looks as if you haven't the OS permissions  to read the SQL file.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie