Re: Psycopg and Ubuntu LTS - Mailing list psycopg

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Re: Psycopg and Ubuntu LTS
Date
List psycopg
On 07/04/2014 20:04, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> I've just noticed that the next Ubuntu LTS release will ship with
> psycopg rel. 2.4.6, which was the last release in the 2.4 branch.
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/trusty/psycopg2
>
> In the 2.5 branch, together with a few new features, there have been
> several bugs fixed. I've tried backporting these changes to 2.4 and
> have found no major problem ("git cherrypick" rocks).
>
> I'm wondering if releasing a 2.4.7 including these bugfixes, together
> with the upcoming 2.5.3, would see this package included in the LTS
> (maybe not at release time, which I think is imminent, but in a
> following update). Has anybody an answer or is more in contact with
> Ubuntu release managers to forward them the question?

The Debian maintaner (also listed as Ubuntu upstream maintainer) is
Fabio, that I know pretty well. The Debian package in testing is already
2.5.x but I don't know how Ubuntu puts togheter its LTS.

Probably the best action is to open a bug with the body of your email on
Ubuntu BTS.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it