Re: Bug in user pg_ident.conf mapping code? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shaun Thomas
Subject Re: Bug in user pg_ident.conf mapping code?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/02/2014 03:27 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> Who are you connecting as dude-guy or dudeguy?
>
> Looks to me like:
>
> psql -d some_db -U dude-guy

You are correct. I was assuming the translation went system ->
PostgreSQL, not the other way around. Like, by setting -U dude-guy,
PostgreSQL checked peer auth, then applied the mapping to find and apply
the database username.

Not sure why I had it backwards, but thanks. :)

--
Shaun Thomas
312-676-8870