Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Hahler
Subject Re: BUG #9721: Fatal error on startup: no free slots in PMChildFlags array
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 25.03.2014 16:26, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>> FWIW, I have just suspended and started the container manually, and
>> PostgreSQL kept running (upgraded to 9.3.4 in the meantime).
>>
>> Maybe it's a bug with OpenVZ and how it restores some resources after =
rebooting the host?
>=20
> Maybe it forgot to restore the shared memory state.

Shouldn't that have caused PostgreSQL to error out much earlier - and not=
 after half an hour?

Anyway, maybe it won't affect 9.3.4 anymore, and it's good to know that i=
t might just be related to rebooting with the "suspend" option.

Regards and thanks,
Daniel.

--=20
http://daniel.hahler.de/