Re: Wiki Page Draft for upcoming release - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Wiki Page Draft for upcoming release
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 03/19/2014 10:37 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>>
>>> Anyone?  We're going public with this in 36 hours, so I'd love for it to
>>> actually be correct.
>>
>> I did a bit more hacking on this page.  Could use another look from Alvaro
>> and/or Andres, I'm sure.
>
> Edited, mainly to remove mention of FOR NO KEY UPDATE as a possible
> cause of the problem.  I don't know that this can cause an issue, since
> that lock level conflicts with updates.
>
> I wonder about suggesting other versions of ALTER TABLE that can do
> heap rewrites.

I don't want to recommend any version of ALTER TABLE until someone
actually tests it on a corrupted database.

What about simply CREATE TABLE AS SELECT?  Presumably that kind of
manual cleanup would work, no?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.