Re: Minimum supported version of Python? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Minimum supported version of Python?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/17/14, 10:47 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> We shouldn't be supporting anything the community doesn't support.
> Python 2.3 is dead. We shouldn't actively support it nor suggest that we
> could or should via the docs.

The information that is available to me about this issue is lacking
details, but as far as I can tell, we are partially talking about
backbranches, which were released at a time when Python 2.3 and 2.4 were
not unreasonable targets.  We're not going to desupport build
dependencies in the middle of a stable release branch unless we have a
solid reason.