Re: Ctrl+C from sh can shut down daemonized PostgreSQL cluster - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Re: Ctrl+C from sh can shut down daemonized PostgreSQL cluster
Date
List pgsql-hackers
cite="mid:CAM-w4HOZ30mbZ2EZ3cTexN9bztZTtA6f5sEe_AAsr22Mba04xQ@mail.gmail.com"type="cite"><p dir="ltr"><br /> On 14 Feb
201423:07, "Tom Lane" <<a href="mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us" moz-do-not-send="true">tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us</a>> wrote:<br
/>><br /> > If this is, as it sounds to be, a Solaris shell bug, doesn't it<br /> > affect other daemons
too?<pdir="ltr">This is simmering i never exactly followed but i think if the shell doesn't support job control it's
expectedbehaviour, not a bug. Only shells that support job control create new process groups for every backgrounded
command.<pdir="ltr">I would have expected if I run postgres myself that it be attached to the terminal and die when I
C-cit but if it's started by pg_ctl I would have thought it was running independently of my terminal and
/><preclass="moz-signature" cols="72">--

Hannu Krosing
PostgreSQL Consultant
Performance, Scalability and High Availability
2ndQuadrant Nordic OÜ</pre>