Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: INSERT...ON DUPLICATE KEY LOCK FOR UPDATE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/07/2014 01:27 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 12:35 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>>> I think you should consider breaking off the relcache parts of my
>>> patch and committing them, because they're independently useful.
>>
>> Makes sense. Can you extract that into a separate patch, please?
>
> Perhaps you can take a look at this again, when you get a chance.

The relcache parts? I don't think a separate patch ever appeared that
could be reviewed.

Looking again at the last emails in this whole thread, I don't have
anything to add. At this point, I think it's pretty clear this won't
make it into 9.4, so I'm going to mark this as "returned with feedback".
If someone else thinks this still has a chance and is willing to review
this and beat it into shape, please resurrect it quickly.

- Heikki