Re: [bug fix] postgres.exe fails to start on Windows Server 2012 due to ASLR - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: [bug fix] postgres.exe fails to start on Windows Server 2012 due to ASLR
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 02/01/2014 09:53 PM, MauMau wrote:

> Not all users use PostgreSQL built by EnterpriseDB, so I think
> src\tools\msvc\build.bat should produce modules that are not affected by
> ASLR.

I completely agree; just saying that any installer can set the key.

I'm convinced that setting this flag is appropriate, at least while Pg
relies on having the shared memory segment mapped in the same zone in
every executable. Just pointing out that there's a workaround in the
mean time.