Re: LDAP lookup of connection parameters - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: LDAP lookup of connection parameters
Date
List pgsql-patches
> This patch for libpq allows you to enter an LDAP URL in
pg_service.conf.
> The URL will be queried and the resulting string(s) parsed for
> keyword = value connection options.
>
> The idea is to have connection information stored centrally on an LDAP
> server rather than on the client machine.

I forgot to mention that there was a discussion on Hackers about this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg01182.php

I have implemented a solution following the idea of
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-02/msg01198.php
because I thought that it was better to have something existing to
talk about.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe