Re: pgdg GDAL version - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-debian

From Denis Rouzaud
Subject Re: pgdg GDAL version
Date
List pgsql-pkg-debian

On 30. 01. 14 11:56, Markus Wanner wrote:
On 01/25/2014 10:16 PM, Christoph Berg wrote:
The short story is, PGDG apt repository for Debian/Ubuntu PostGIS
2.1 is based on GDAL 1.9,
while UbuntuGIS-unstable and related repos are based on GDAL 1.10
with updated drivers.
I think the easiest way forward might be to recompile postgis on that
mixture of additional packages from different repositories. That will
get you a postgis package compiled against a gdal 1.10 and for all
supported Postgres versions.
there is a repo for precise which hs gdal 1.10, postgis 2.1 and postgres 9.3:

https://launchpad.net/~lwarx/+archive/postgis-pg93-bp

although, I have no idea how they solve this
One way that could work was to look into what the osgeo people have
done to get postgis working.
Is ubuntu-gis even related to osgeo?

Anyways, I don't think there's much to be done to get postgis working.
It should build (and then work) with both, gdal 1.9 and 1.10. However,
the package and linking dependencies need to match with the rest of your
repositories.

In a way, the ubuntu-gis repo just isn't compatible to the pgapt one.
(Nor is osgeo, for that matter.) At least that's my way of thinking
about it.
indeed. But the problem is that ogr2ogr needs to be from gdal1.10 to work properly with postgis 2 (without using the legacy.sql).

Regards

Markus Wanner