Re: Hot standby 9.2.6 -> 9.2.6 PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Hot standby 9.2.6 -> 9.2.6 PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 12/20/2013 01:13 AM, Sergey Konoplev wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On 2013-12-19 14:37:04 -0800, Sergey Konoplev wrote:
>>> It was suffering from this problem on 9.2.4, mostly last couple of
>>> weeks when I had to rebuild the replica almost every 3 days, and I
>>> hoped it would be fixed in 9.2.6, but it is not.
>>
>> This actually is a separate bug from the one fixed. Not that the CONTEXT
>> message isn't talking about "visible" but about "vacuum".
>
> Oh, I see. I have completely lost in these bugs last several months.
>
> Are there anything I can do to prevent it except waiting for a patch?

I wonder if this might be the same bug Tomonari Katsumata reported
yesterday:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/E1VtTni-00082E-Jv@wrigleys.postgresql.org.
Since this keeps happening to you, could you try the patch he posted and
see if it helps?

- Heikki