Re: commit fest 2013-11 final report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: commit fest 2013-11 final report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/17/13, 10:19 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Perhaps we should just move all the Needs Review and RFC patches forward
> to the next fest, so we don't forget about them?

This was done the last few times, but it has caused some controversy.
One problem was that a number of patches arrived in this commit fest
without either the author or the reviewers knowing about it, which
caused the already somewhat stale patch to become completely abandoned.

I think what I'll do is send an email to each of the affected patch
threads describing the situation.  But I'd like someone involved in the
patch, either author or reviewer, to make the final call about moving
the patch forward.