Re: Time-Delayed Standbys - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KONDO Mitsumasa
Subject Re: Time-Delayed Standbys
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2013/12/12 7:23), Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com
>  > * hot_standby=off: Makes delay useable with wal_level=archive (and thus
>  >   a lower WAL volume)
>  > * standby_mode=off: Configurations that use tools like pg_standby and
>  >   similar simply don't need standby_mode=on. If you want to trigger
>  >   failover from within the restore_command you *cannot* set it.
>  > * recovery_target_*: It can still make sense if you use
>  >   pause_at_recovery_target.

I don't think part of his arguments are right very much... We can just set
stanby_mode=on when we use "min_standby_apply_delay" with pg_standby and similar
simply tools. However, I tend to agree with not to need to prohibit except for
standby_mode. So I'd like to propose that changing parameter name of
"min_standby_apply_delay" to "min_recovery_apply_delay". It is natural for this
feature.

Regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO