Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good
Date
Re: ANALYZE sampling is too good
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/10/2013 11:49 AM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I don't think that anyone believes that not doing block sampling is
> tenable, fwiw. Clearly some type of block sampling would be preferable
> for most or all purposes.

As discussed, we need math though.  Does anyone have an ACM subscription
and time to do a search?  Someone must.  We can buy one with community
funds, but no reason to do so if we don't have to.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.