Re: Fwd: Help!Why CPU Usage and LoadAverage Jump up Suddenly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Fwd: Help!Why CPU Usage and LoadAverage Jump up Suddenly
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/5/2013 12:46 AM, 吕晓旭 wrote:
>     We find so weird problem on our productive PostgreSQL system. And
> I don't know how could I do to resolve this problem.
>     We deployed PostgreSQL 9.2.4 on two system environments,  and the
> performances between them are absolutely different. one of them it's
> perfect, and the other one lets me down, CPU Usage and LoadAverage
> Jumped up Suddenly when concurrency smoothly rising up,
> simultaneously, average response time become unacceptable.

I'm curious why you built your own postgres instead of using the
yum.postgresql.com repository versions?

and I second the suggestion, IO performance is likely a major factor
here.     also, you don't give your postgresql.conf tuning settings,
file systems configurations, hardware storage configurations, etc.