Prague PostgreSQL Developers Day 2014 - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Prague PostgreSQL Developers Day 2014
Date
List pgsql-announce
Hello everyone,

I'd like to announce that the 7th year of "Prague PostgreSQL Developers
Day" conference organized by CSPUG (Czech and Slovak PostgreSQL Users
Group), will be held on February 6, 2014 at Faculty of Mathematics and
Physics, Charles University (Malostranske namesti 25, Prague).

The location is the same as in the previous two years, and we'd like to
thank to MFF for providing the premises for free.

The conference website is http://www.p2d2.cz/ (czech language only), but
feel free to contact us by e-mail at info@p2d2.cz.

***** Call for Papers *****

Starting today, the "call for papers" is open, and we'll accept talks
until January 3 (which is Friday).

Majority of the talks will be in czech language, but we're looking for
one or two english-speaking guest. We can offer covering travel and
hotel expenses up to ~ 500 EUR (should be enough for 2 nights in a hotel
and air ticket from around Europe).

So if you'd like to present something interesing and related to
PostgreSQL at the  conference, send us some basic info at info@p2d2.cz.

Especially we need this:

 * contact info (name, phone, company)
 * topic of the session (abstract, what is the goal, etc.)
 * expected length (usually 40 minutes)

The conference is targetted at users / developers, so we're interested
mainly in suitable sessions. Let us list several interesting areas just
for inspiration:

 * practical usage of PostgreSQL (new or less known features etc.)
 * new, unique and unconventional ways to use PostgreSQL
 * problems when deploying PostgreSQL
 * hacking PostgreSQL code
 * other open source databases

This list definitely is not comprehensive - there are many other
interesting topics.

***** Schedule *****

The call for papers ends on January 3, 2014 (end of day). The talks
schedule will be announced till January 10 (and the registration will
open at about the same time).

***** Acknowledgements *****

We'd like to thank The Department of Software Engineering of the Charles
University in Prague for helpful and flexible negotiation and for
providing us the premises.

***** Contacts *****

The conference is organized by Tomas Vondra, Pavel Stehule and other
members of the Czech and Slovak PostgreSQL Users group. If needed,
contact us at info@p2d2.cz

kind regards
Tomas Vondra & Tomas Vondra