Re: new unicode table border styles for psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: new unicode table border styles for psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/25/2013 09:33 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
>> Even if it is it's totally off topic. Please don't hijack email threads.
> Well, when I read that parsing a user setup is too complex, for me that
> calls for a solution that offers more power to the user without us
> having to write specialized code each time.
>
> I'm sorry, but I don't understand how off-topic or hijack applies here.

It just seems to me to be a very big stretch to go from the topic of
psql border styles to the topic of psql scripting support. Your use case
would surely be using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. By all means argue
for better scripting support in psql, but I would suggest your argument
would be better if the use case were something more important and
central to psql's purpose.

cheers

andrew