Re: 32 bit DLL's - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Pierre Couderc
Subject Re: 32 bit DLL's
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Le 10/12/23 à 15:17, Dave Cramer a écrit :
I noticed that the project currently provides 32bit DLL's in the release.

Is anyone using them?

Dave Cramer

Absolutely !

We have migrated a big old ODBC 32 bits project from Access/SQL Server to ODBC32bits  Postgresql because of stability of Postgresql.  Many 32bits projects developed in 90's continue to be used and run on modern computers...

We maintain old VC6 32bits projects (MS FORTRAN+MS VC6+ODBC) using an XP VM on modern (linux...) computer. And the .exe resulting  of these projects run on W10/W11 computers with  modern Posgresql...

Independence of MS is strategic !

Pierre Couderc