Re: Pglogical 2.3.0 in AWS RDS 12.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Pglogical 2.3.0 in AWS RDS 12.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/1/20 3:33 PM, Jeremy Schneider wrote:
> On 6/1/20 09:39, Igor Polishchuk wrote:
>> Hello everybody,
>> Has anybody succeeded with using pglogical in AWS Postgresql 12.2?
>> They have pglogical v2.3.0, and it has this
>> issue https://github.com/2ndQuadrant/pglogical/issues/240, which was
>> fixed in the 2.3.1.
>> However, one cannot upgrade pglogical to 2.3.1 in RDS. Just curious if
>> somebody found a work around. Otherwise, it seems unusable with RDS
>> v12.2 right now.
>
> When I can, I usually encourage people to report RDS specific issues on
> the AWS forums; the postgresql.org mailing lists are most suited for
> questions that are not RDS-specific but apply to PostgreSQL in general.
>
> https://forums.aws.amazon.com/forum.jspa?forumID=60
>
> That said - AWS is aware of this issue.  Extension updates on RDS are
> coupled with minor releases (typically coming every three months from
> postgresql.org), so just keep checking the future new minor releases on
> RDS until you see something.  And if you don't have a support agreement
> with AWS then make noise on the forums, product managers do read them.  :)

Seems supporting bug releases is not something that should require
making noise. The user is locked out of applying the fix themselves and
your response is to keep them stuck on a version with known issues. We
have different ideas of customer service.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com