Re: fork_process.c and OpenSSL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: fork_process.c and OpenSSL
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 11/13/13, 10:52 AM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> I think this falls into the feature request category.
>
> fork_process handles forking on *nix.

Given that the current setup has worked more or less for a very long
time, it's hard to get enthusiastic about making nonspecific changes on
less than air-tight evidence.  We need to support many OpenSSL versions
on many platforms and many configurations.  Again, if you think there is
an improvement to be made, please send specific patches with references
or performance measurements.