Re: Removal of archive in wal_level - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Removal of archive in wal_level
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/4/13, 8:58 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 5:57 AM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Please find attached a patch doing what is written in the $subject.
>> With the documentation updated, this is even better...
>
> I'm unconvinced that there's any value in this.

Yeah, the only thing this will accomplish is to annoy people who are
actually using that level.  It would be more interesting if we could get
rid of the wal_level setting altogether, but of course there are valid
reasons against that.