Re: How should row-security affects ON UPDATE RESTRICT / CASCADE ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: How should row-security affects ON UPDATE RESTRICT / CASCADE ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/29/2013 04:09 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Problem is, that won't necessarily happen, because the FK check is run
> with the rights of the table owner.

Some further reading suggests that another vendor's implementation
ignores row security policy for foreign key constraint checks. So FK
constraint checks can be used to probe for data, but there are no wacky
inconsistencies with FKs.

I'm not sure I'm thrilled with that answer, but on the other hand a
better one isn't leaping out at me right now.