Re: Location for external scripts for Extensions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Location for external scripts for Extensions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dimitri,

>> pg_partman has several external (python) scripts which help the
>> extension, located in /extras/ in its source.  The problem currently is
>> that if you install pg_partman via pgxn or package, you don't get those
>> scripts, because there's no "install" location for them.
>
> See also my proposal to solve that, I'd welcome some design level
> discussions about it:
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/m28uyzgof3.fsf@2ndQuadrant.fr

Well, that's a bit more complicated than what I had in mind.  I was
thinking just a location like $PGSHARE/extensions/lib/

Note that, in the case of pg_partman, we're talking about external
scripts designed to be run by hand, not libaries to be called by the PL
functions.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.