Re : Resetting SEQUENCEs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurent ROCHE
Subject Re : Resetting SEQUENCEs
Date
List pgsql-general
It is not as easy as that :

 1/ select table_name from information_schema.tables does not give you the tables list on the current schema but the list of all objects !
But the following will
SELECT c.relname
FROM pg_namespace AS nc, pg_class AS c
WHERE c.relnamespace = nc.oid
AND  c.relkind IN ('r' )

2/ Having the tables list is not enough (because obviously I know how to do this), then you need to get the list of sequences (actually you want to get first the sequences)  and then the list of colums using the sequence and (at last the tables where the columns are) .
At that point, it is possible to generate the SQL order to reset the SEQUENCE.

Unfortunately I do not know how to produce the list of sequences and columns using them and  columns tables.

Have fun,
L@u
The Computing Froggy