Re: FDW API / flow charts for the docs? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: FDW API / flow charts for the docs?
Date
Re: FDW API / flow charts for the docs?  (Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/18/13 5:35 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> I can't see it being a major effort to get it from the wiki into the
> docs, though perhaps I'm being a bit over-optomistic wrt that.

Hah!

Consider that an image would have to work with the following
toolchains/output formats:

- standalone HTML output
- web site HTML output
- reasonable mobile/small-screen experience
- HTML XSLT
- jadetex
- pdfjadetex
- FOP
- Texinfo (at least not break it)
- man (at least not break it)
- EPUB

In my mind, it's not worth the effort unless we have, say, at least a
dozen really useful images to add.  I don't want to go through this
entire pain for one image on a pretty minor topic.