Re: Adding new syntax in postgre sql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas Karlsson
Subject Re: Adding new syntax in postgre sql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/16/2013 01:17 PM, ankit bhardwaj wrote:
> I am new to postgre sql .And i want to add some new feature to postgresql
> As a startup i have taken the project to add syntax for table partitioning

Welcome to the list!

There has been some previous work done on adding this syntax, but I have
not followed it so I do not know the details or if anyone is currently
working on it (have not seen any activity about it recently on the list
though).

There is a patch linked from the wiki page about adding a partitioning
syntax which is probably worth looking at.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Table_partitioning#Active_Work_In_Progress

--
Andreas Karlsson