Re: buildfarm failures on smew and anole - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: buildfarm failures on smew and anole
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/14/2013 09:12 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>>> Can the owners of these buildfarm machines please check whether there
>>> are extra semaphores allocated and if so free them?  Or at least
>>> reboot, to see if that unbreaks the build?
>> It is possible to set the buildfarm config
>>
>>      build_env=> {MAX_CONNECTIONS => 10 },
>>
>> and the tests will run with that constraint.
>>
>> Not sure if this would help.
> Maybe I didn't explain that well.  The problem is that the regression
> tests require at least 20 connections to run, and those two machines
> are currently auto-selecting 10 connections, so make check is failing.

Why do they need 20 connections? pg_regress has code in it to limit the
degree of parallelism of tests, and has done for years, specifically to
cater for buildfarm machines that are unable to handle the defaults.
Using this option in the buildfarm client config triggers use of this
feature.

cheers

andrew