Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Auto-tuning work_mem and maintenance_work_mem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 10/10/2013 12:28 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> How do we handle the Python dependency, or is this all to be done in
> some other language?  I certainly am not ready to take on that job.

Without considering any wider question here, let me just note this:

Anything that can be done in this area in Python should be doable in
Perl fairly simply. I don't think we should be adding any Python
dependencies. For good or ill Perl has been used for pretty much all our
complex scripting (pgindent, MSVC build system etc.)

cheers

andrew