Re: pgsql: docs: update release notes for 8.4.18, 9.0.14, 9.1.10, 9.2.5, 9 - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From KONDO Mitsumasa
Subject Re: pgsql: docs: update release notes for 8.4.18, 9.0.14, 9.1.10, 9.2.5, 9
Date
List pgsql-committers
(2013/10/08 10:35), Bruce Momjian wrote:
> docs:  update release notes for 8.4.18, 9.0.14, 9.1.10, 9.2.5, 9.3.1
Thank you for createing good release note. I have one comment.

In 9.1 and 9.2 release note, Is "Improve WAL segment timeline handling during
recovery" means commit which is "Install recycled WAL segments with current
timeline ID during recovery"? This is not so simple problem fix.
This bug caused failing PITR which is finished archive recovery on the way. When
it occered, it seemed to finish archive recovery without problem.

I think it is comparatively big problem, so we should write it in release note.
Please fix it under following.

+    <listitem>
+     <para>
+      Fix WAL segment timeline handling during recovery (Mitsumasa
+      KONDO, Heikki Linnakangas)
+     </para>
+
+    <para>
+     When target timeline is up and executing restart point in archive recovery
+     mode, archive recovery is failed on the way, because failing recycle of +
    WAL. When this problem occurred, it seemed to finish success of archive +
  recovery without problem.
+    </para>
+    </listitem>

Regards,