Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> On Oct 11, 2021, at 3:04 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Doesn't work with the correct DB name, either:
>> regression=# \d regression.public.bit_defaults
>> Did not find any relation named "regression.public.bit_defaults".

> REL_13_STABLE appears to accept any amount of nonsense you like:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the old rule was to just ignore whatever
appeared in the database-name position.  While we could tighten that
up to insist that it match the current DB's name, I'm not sure that
I see the point.  There's no near-term prospect of doing anything
useful with some other DB's name there, so being more restrictive
seems like it'll probably break peoples' scripts to little purpose.