Re: BUG #17851: RHEL 8 GIS packages missing from common - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: BUG #17851: RHEL 8 GIS packages missing from common
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Fri, 2023-03-17 at 03:10 +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:

> Bug reference:      17851
> Logged by:          Sean Plank
> Email address:      halibut_outflow.0q@icloud.com
> PostgreSQL version: 15.0
> Operating system:   RHEL 8 x86_64
>
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed when attempting to install postgis via the postgresql rpm
> repositories that some packages are missing that I think should be
> included
> in the common repo, see below:
>
> > Error:
> >  Problem: cannot install the best candidate for the job
> >    - nothing provides proj90 >= 9.0.1 needed by
> postgis33_15-3.3.2-1.rhel8.x86_64
>
> Note that proj90 9.0.0 is in the rhel-8-x86_64 common repo, but has
> the
> wrong minor version.
>
> Additionally when attempting to install gdal35 separately there are
> other
> packages that seem to exist in the common repo for rhel 7 but not rhel
> 8:
> > - nothing provides ogdi41 needed by gdal35-libs-3.5.2-3.rhel8.x86_64
> > - nothing provides libqhull_r.so.7()(64bit) needed by
> gdal35-libs-3.5.2-3.rhel8.x86_64
>
> It looks like libqhull_r may available via another RHEL repository,
> but
> ogdi41 appears to have been (at least for RHEL 7) provided as part of
> the
> common repo, is this meant to be missing from the common repo / can it
> be
> added? (i see "ogdi" may be provided via other means but havent found
> "ogdi41")

Thanks for the report. It was a result of mistake I did last week.
Apologies for the inconvenience I caused.

Fixed it today. You should be able to install PostGIS, gdal35, etc.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, PostgreSQL Major Contributor