Re: Expose checkpoint start/finish times into SQL. - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Expose checkpoint start/finish times into SQL.
Date
Re: Expose checkpoint start/finish times into SQL.
List pgsql-patches
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
> On Thu, 3 Apr 2008, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'd much rather be spending our time and effort on understanding what
>> broke for you, and fixing the code so it doesn't happen again.

> [ shit happens... ]

Completely fair, but I still don't see how this particular patch would
be a useful addition to the DBA's monitoring-tool arsenal.  The scope
seems too narrow.

(And you still didn't tell me what the actual failure case was.)

            regards, tom lane