Re: [CYGWIN] Platform Testing - Cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [CYGWIN] Platform Testing - Cygwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> I guess that having libpq (or any other client) retry the initial
> connection would solve most of these short queue problems.

And get us accused of DOS attempts.  Repeated connection attempts
after one has been rejected will be seen as unfriendly behavior by
a lot of people.

Microsoft clearly does not want people running servers on the non-server
versions of Windows, and I don't see why we should go out of our way
to circumvent that.