Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] buildfarm git references pointing at github?
Date
List pgsql-www
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 03/14/2017 10:32 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> +1 for commitdiff, that's pretty much always the form of the page I want
>> to see.

> Done.

Thanks for changing that, it's definitely helpful.

I'm a bit confused about the links for the "files changed this run"
list.  What they seem to be now is pointers to the last commit that
changed each file.  I might be misremembering, but I thought they
had been links to the individual files in our git tree.  As long
as we're fooling around here, it seems like links to the per-file
history logs would be convenient; eg instead of

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=a82178020de2c4b3576d0a079e11a431e382e4de

which is the link being offered right now for
src/backend/optimizer/plan/createplan.c in recent runs, perhaps

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=history;f=src/backend/optimizer/plan/createplan.c;h=4629ca27ee559086929daf437ac5e6954b1987d6

That particular display is useful since it's easy to get to either
the raw file contents ("blob") or the relevant commitdiffs from there.
However, fooling with it, it seems that the blob links don't get offered
unless the "h=" hash is the file's hash, not the commit's hash.  (gitweb
bug?)  That might make it too hard to do, dunno.  A close second in
usefulness would be to use the commit's hash,

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=history;f=src/backend/optimizer/plan/createplan.c;h=a82178020de2c4b3576d0a079e11a431e382e4de
        regards, tom lane