Re: PostgreSQL Timeline - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Timeline
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 2013.09.18 12:53 AM, Rafael Martinez wrote:
> I did also something similar for *all* RDBMS since the 70', where
> postgreSQL is included. This is work in progress and I am sure a lot
> has to be adjusted.
>
> Source:
> https://github.com/rafaelma/rdbms-timeline
>
> Check the result here:
> http://www.postgresql.org.es/rdbms-timeline/

I find it interesting from this that there seem to be exactly 2 oldest families
of RDBMS by a wide margin, that being the Ingres family and the IBM System R
family.  I might have thought that there would be more early independent starts,
or just 1 (System R), but exactly 2 was a surprise. -- Darren Duncan